Thursday, April 16, 2015

Poetry!

Land of The Free

and i don’t support a country
where we say we’re free
but we lock lovers up

and i don’t want to stand
and pledge alliegance
when i was born here
i don’t belong here
if my brothers can’t love men
and my sisters can’t like girls

i want rights
i want my people to be free
why shame when it comes naturally
and you can’t tell me that i can’t say this
because it comes from my heart,
well it comes from their hearts

oh and i won't stand
i won't put my hand over my heart
send me to the principal
suspend me for days.
i wont stand
not for a death wish

and on some days,
i will not speak
not because i can’t
but because i wont

and i won’t love
until my sisters can
and i can’t be free
until my brothers are
-Sasha Moore
Found this awesome poem! (:

1 comment:

  1. Great poem! It really addresses the personal feelings of someone who understands the prejudice against gay people.

    ReplyDelete